Algonquin Park Remembered

It is no surprise that some recent work reflect memories of Algonquin Park.  As a teen and young adult, I spent many summers hiking, canoeing and camping in the park.  My family owned a lovely cottage just outside Algonquin and we often made trips up to Algonquin to take in it's remarkable silence. Algonquin Park is the oldest provincial park in Canada and was established in 1893.  This area of Central Ontario is very sacred and it is no secret that I have had a crush on Tom Thomson since my early days of painting!  The work below titled Canoe Trip I and II may not be a literal translation of the thousands of lakes and majestic forest you may find in the park, but for me, the spirit of the land can be found in these wild but meditative pieces. These paintings can be viewed at Canvas Gallery in Toronto.  www.canvasgallery.ca







No comments:

Post a Comment