Rose Garden Paintings

This summer I helped my lovely parents pack up and move from a home that they had lived in for over 50 years.  Although it was sad at times, we had many laughs and tears over treasures they had kept in cupboards and drawers for many years.  Perhaps the saddest thing for me to say good bye to my father's wonderful rose garden which he had patiently tended since I was a child.  His prized roses were primarily hues of orange, fuchsia and pinks.  So the painting  below is a tribute to my father's green thumb and the beauty we enjoyed as children, right out our back door.  They are permanent images in my artist's eye.  Thanks dad:))

“The earth has disappeared beneath my feet, It fled from all my ecstasy. Now like a singing air creature I feel the rose keep opening.” 
 
Hafiz



No comments:

Post a Comment